Mac Software Worth Buying and Free Software Worth Getting
Mac Software Worth Buying
- Apple – Final Cut Pro https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/
- Video editing
- Adobe – Lightroom Classic CC
- Photo cataloging and manipulation. "Classic" version prevents you from having your photos leaked if you work with photos that are important or sensitive.
- Microsoft – Office 2019 (not cloud)
- This is god-awful software that has click-throughs for OneDrive every time you try to save a file. Also the interface is painful with simple things like sorting in Excel hidden behind multiple clicks. Default fonts are stupid. But at least it isn't slow af like LibreOffice so you might as well buy it.
- 64 Characters — Telephone
- A SIP telephone client
- Panic — Transmit
- Because Apple isn't going to suddenly add remote file systems to the Finder if they haven't done it in the first 30 years
- Cultured Code — Things
- Tracks all your todos. This is not a multiplayer software, so this is your todos from your perspective only. There is much that could be improved but this is the best app available for now.
Mac Free Software Worth Getting
- Mircosoft — VS Code
- JR Apps Pty. Ltd. — jrUUID.app
- This is the go-to password generator.
- David Graham — Ka-Block!
- You should not use Safari without Ka-Block! Just like you should not go outside in Iraq without sunscreen.
- Cockos Incorporated — LICEcap
- This is how you make those animated gif screenshots.
- Alex Zirbel — Touch Bar Timer
- A great use for your Touch Bar with a little timer.
- The amazing and actively maintained text editor for light formatting tasks.