How to make the best out of jury duty

Su just got her third notice today about needing to reply to a jury duty summons.

Su: Wait... so why did they pick me?
Su: So it's like a lottery? And I hit the lottery? I've never hit the lottery before, this is awesome!
Su: So I have to interview them first and see if they will pick me?
Su: And I don't have to go to work that day!? Even better!
Su: I'm going to say yes to every question they ask me... they will definitely pick me!

When Su is seeing new things here for the first time, sometimes I just give her the facts rather than explain all the emotional baggage that we attached to those things. This also explains why she loves root canals "so they just open my mouth, take out all the bad stuff and put good stuff in... I definitely want that!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nontechnical: What is ERC-721?

I Was Kidnapped in Manila and Lived to Tell About it

Grandmom bakes virus bread